Monday, April 11, 2011

Because I can't sleep.

Yesterday morning, I took Sophia to Sam's club. She did really well and enjoyed talking to me and pointing at everything while asking, "what is that" over and over again. We had fun. However, when we got to the check out, she decided that she didn't want to sit in the cart anymore. We were almost out of there so I decided to reach into my purse and look for something she could play with.... like my keys. The first thing I pulled out was a maxi pad. I was holding it up in my left hand while digging around in my purse with my right hand. I didn't even realize what I was showing off to everyone else. Hi people, see my maxi pad? It took me a good 30 seconds before I realized that I was holding a pad up for all to see. When I finally realized why the guy in line behind me was chuckling, I couldn't help but laugh at myself too. After you've gone through infertility treatments and a triplet pregnancy, holding a maxi pad up in the middle of a store doesn't even phase you. Did I mention it's not even that time of the month?!

Morgan and I went to Walmart today after dinner for a quick grocery run. She totally surprised me when we passed by another mom and toddler. She waved her arms and yelled...and I mean YELLED..."hi baby, hi baby, hi baby." It was interesting to me because this was a toddler who I think was around the same age as the girls. Morgan doesn't refer to Sophia or Rachel as a baby. It was just super cute because she totally noticed that one of her peers was in the store too. Oh and while we were at Walmart, I saw one of those crazy coupon ladies complete with her binder full of organized coupons. I was so jealous... I kinda want to be a crazy coupon lady too. Now if only I had the motivation............. hhmmmm.

Rachel is really into books right now. Her favorite is a board book called, Apples Apples. She will grab the book and climb into my lap and say, "Apples, apples.... apples, apples." She doesn't stop saying it until I start to read the book. I tried offering her a real apple today. I thought maybe I'd luck out since she LOVES the pictures of the apples in the books and she sees pictures of the characters eating them. (the characters are bears.... haha) She was excited to see the apple on the table in front of her, but there was no way, no how, not even in my wildest dreams.... that she was going to eat it or even touch it. But I'm not going to stop trying.

The girls are so much fun right now. Yes, every day is still a hard day. Anyone who says it's easy with 2 year old triplets is lying or drinks alcohol all day long. Or okay, maybe that person is a saint! Whatever! But yes, we are at a very fun stage. They make me laugh all day long. They also make me want to pull my hair out...... and then run away and be a circus freak, but that's normal.... Isn't it?

Having Bob home before dinner has been so wonderful for our family. I'm usually about to lose my sanity around 4:30pm and that's just when he swoops in and saves the day. He's basically fresh meat at that point and I let him take over while I cook dinner or take a few minutes to just be me. It's also made running errands a lot easier too. I can run to the store right after we eat dinner and I no longer need to wait until the girls go to bed. This gives me more time to actually sit down at night! I'm loving it.

Well, here it is almost midnight.......... I guess it's time for to try and get some sleep. I really shouldn't have had that 8pm latte. Tomorrow, it will be a glass of wine!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I hope you didn't see me at Walmart because I recently started clipping coupons and have them in a black binder thing. But don't worry, it's not a sign that I'm super-mom...I just clip them at work (shhh, don't tell my boss). If I was a stay-at-home mom, I'd never have time for it, even with only one child, much less three! Let's still try to have a play-date sometime! I'd love to hang out and get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Let's do that. I'll email you on FB later tonight. Girls just woke up from nap, so I'm a pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete