Last week, I decided to take bottles away. A lot of my friends with kids around my girls' age have been off bottles for a while. I hung on to them as long as I could. It was more me that wasn't ready to move on to the sippy cup. My girls LOVED their bottles and I loved watching them get all excited to lay in their pillows to drink their milk. I think it was a comfort for them and for me. I'll admit it! Sophia and Morgan are doing just fine being bottle free. Neither one of them has had a bottle in almost a week. They don't seem to care that they are no longer offered a bottle. On the other hand, I had to bring bottles back for Rachel.
She had her first appointment with the food therapist last week. While we work on getting Rachel to eat more foods and to accept texture, she needs to keep drinking enough milk to make up for the fact that she doesn't eat very much. I tried getting her to use the sippy cup for milk but she refused to drink anything for almost two days. Her therapist doesn't want to make Rachel deal with too many changes at once. So she's getting two bottles a day and I'm working with her in the middle of the day to drink milk from a cup. There are several food exercises that I'm doing with her now. It's more difficult than I thought it would be, but I'm happy to do anything that will help her adjust. I also have to let go and let the girls get a lot messier at meal times. I've been stripping them down for their meals and trying to get them to learn how to use a spoon. Yikes!
Sophia has a new word!!!! She can say "cheese." She loves string cheese. Every time I give it to the girls, I say "cheese." over and over again. A few days ago, I showed Sophia the cheese before giving it to her. She looked at it and said, "cheese." It sounds more like cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese. She is so cute. She says cheese a lot while she is seated in her high chair. I'm so happy she has another word. She's can now say, Mama, Dada, Hi, and CHEESE!
Morgan went to her first birthday party this week. Well, other than her own. My friend's twins turned one over the weekend! I just took Morgan with me since Sophia isn't quite ready for a big crowd. She is still going through the mommy attachment phase. So Rachel and Sophia stayed home with Bob. We had a good time at the party. Being out with just one kid is so easy compared to what I normally deal with!
Oh last Friday I had lunch with a pregnant triplet mom to be. She's almost 18 weeks along. I met her at my last mothers of multiples meeting. She reminded me of myself when I was pregnant. She seems to have a lot of the same fears and anxieties that I did. I'm really glad that I can introduce her to a few more triplet moms in this area. I keep saying it, but I wish I had joined my club sooner than I did. It would have been nice to have the support! I'm so glad she joined this early on.
Well nap time is up so I think I will stop boring you for the moment. I hate to keep saying how busy I am, but I just can't seem to find the time or energy to update this as often as I'd like!


No comments:
Post a Comment