Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The post because Mom can't sleep

Tomorrow Rachel has her autism assessment at Kaiser. Here are my thoughts on how this will go down. We'll go. They will see she is clearly delayed in many areas, that something is clearly "off," but then they won't give her an ASD diagnosis. They will refer us to the committee in Oakland that approves therapies..... then of course.. we shall be denied.

So yeah, not feeling too hopeful that we will get any help.

She gets her G-tube on July 9th.

Morgan has her autism assessment on Wednesday. A couple of years ago, Morgan was diagnosed with PDD-NOS. We were told to have her re-evaluated in two years, so here we are. If she still gets that diagnosis, we will get services for her other than just the school district. Well, at least that is my understanding. Again... can't trust what I "think" I know.

My stomach is in knots. I feel like we have been in survival mode for way too long. My hope is that once we get Rachel settled with her g-tube and she's actually getting nutrition, things will settle down. I won't be so stressed over every calorie that she eats or doesn't eat. I think this would allow both of us to chill out a little and then we can make some progress with feeding therapy.

Her OT/feeding therapist hasn't been doing feeding therapy with her. We're getting her sensory system better regulated before we start feeding therapy again. I think I've already mentioned that though.

Hate that it's almost 1am and I'm awake and stressed. The appointment tomorrow is around 3-4 hours long and at least a 45-60 minute drive from our house. It's also supposed to be 108 degrees here and I'll be driving home in rush hour traffic either happy with the results or crying or maybe just pissed off. Who knows?!

Okay, I'm going to shut up for now. This mama bear is ready to fight tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment