The weekend before the parade, I drove up to my dad's house (he still lives in the town where the parade was taking place) to decorate the girls' choo choo wagon. I bought plastic table cloths and decorations from the dollar store to cover the orange, purple, and green wagon. I didn't know it would be such a project. It was a team effort to get it all dolled up. My dad, step-mom, and I spent over three hours before we were finished. I must say.... if there would have been a contest for the best decorated wagon, we totally would have won!!! I guess you can say I'm really proud of how it turned out.
We certainly attracted a lot of attention. The girls turned into the biggest attraction for sure! During the parade (and even after it), I had people asking me to stop so they could take a picture. Normally, I don't like it when people randomly take the girls' picture, but this time... of course I didn't mind! I think the girls loved all the attention. We got so many nice compliments and made everyone smile.
Check out my cuties!
Here we are hanging out in the park before it was time to line up for the parade.
I was so happy that my Grandma was there to see her great grandchildren. Our family has been a big part of this community for so many years, so I was proud to have my Grandmother get to show off her triplet great grandchildren to her friends.
We were even approached by the local newspaper after the parade. They wanted to take pictures and feature the girls. We made the front page! FRONT PAGE BABY! Oh yeah, this is one proud mommy!
(I got this picture from my friend's facebook page since she took it)
I was bummed that Bob wasn't able to be there with us. He had to work that day. (He started a new job the day before and couldn't take time off yet. - same job, the contract just changed to a new company.)
We had so much fun being a part of this. Sophia has been wearing her parade dress almost every day since. She loves it! The girls still talk about the parade, dressing up, and riding in the wagon. They had a blast! We will definitely be back for it next year!






No comments:
Post a Comment